We have come up with a simplified approach to making filter gauges. This would be for all Wynn single stage collector filters, as well as homemade plenum boxes.
- (1) Non threaded, 1-1/4″ PVC pipe cap
- (1) 10-24 x 2-1/2″ pan head bolt, with a lock washer and two nuts
- (1) nylon hose barb, 3/8″ OD, 1/4″ mip (10 mm x 8 mm)
- Silicone, or other sealant
- (2) or (3) cotton balls, fiberglass insulation, etc…
- (10) or (20) feet of clear vinyl tubing – 1/2″ OD (15 mm) 3/8″ ID (10 mm)
- With a 1/2″ Forstner bit, drill one hole in the side of the pipe cap.
- With a 3/16″ drill bit, drill one hole in the top of the pipe cap. It should be centered.
- With a 3/16″ drill bit, drill (2) holes in the metal filter endcap (one centered, and the other right next to it). Holes must not be touching. See photo.
- Using a dab of silicone sealant, screw the hose barb into the side hole of the pipe cap.
- Using a dab of silicone sealant, insert the bolt through the top hole of the pipe cap.
- Pack the pipe cap with cotton
- Run a bead of silicone around the lip of the pipe cap and insert the bolt into the center hole of the filter endcap.
- Secure the assembly using the lock washer and two nuts.
That completes the hose attachment point at the filter. To complete the manometer, see the DIY Tyler video here:
The following video illustrates a good way to install a Filter Monitor on a Plenum Box.