We have come up with a simplified approach to making filter gauges. This would be for all Wynn single stage collector filters, as well as homemade plenum boxes.
(1) Non threaded, 1-1/4″ PVC pipe cap
(1) 10-24 x 2-1/2″ pan head bolt, with a lock washer and two nuts
(1) nylon hose barb, 3/8″ OD, 1/4″ mip (10 mm x 8 mm)
Silicone, or other sealant
(2) or (3) cotton balls, fiberglass insulation, etc…
(10) or (20) feet of clear vinyl tubing – 1/2″ OD (15 mm) 3/8″ ID (10 mm)
-With a 1/2″ forstner bit, drill one hole in the side of the pipe cap.
-With a 3/16″ drill bit, drill one hole in the top of the pipe cap. It should be centered.
-With a 3/16″ drill bit, drill (2) holes in the metal filter end-cap (one centered, and the other right next to it). Holes must not be touching. See photo.
-Using a dab of silicone sealant, screw the hose barb into the side hole of the pipe cap.
-Using a dab of silicone sealant, insert the bolt through the top hole of the pipe cap.
-Pack the pipe cap with cotton
-Run a bead of silicone around the lip of the pipe cap and insert the bolt into the center hole of the filter end-cap.
-Secure the assembly using the lock washer and two nuts.
(click to enlarge)
That completes the hose attachment point at the filter. To complete the manometer, see the DIY Tyler video here: